One of the main objectives of HACE is to support Latin American institutions and entrepreneurs in their internationalization efforts. Beyond traditional models of internationalization, such as student and professor exchange programs, becoming part of the global community requires focusing resources in the areas of Research and Development and Quality/Accreditation. Entrepreneurship and innovation are key components of internationalization, requiring support in various areas:
· Student contests and senior design projects where students can implement projects from design phase to commercialization, integrating engineering innovation with research in business topics such as marketing, intellectual property management, and venture capital.
· Academia-industry alliances that facilitate the transfer of technology and intellectual capital between Latin America and the U.S.
· Implementation of a culture of quality and continuous improvement to raise the level of institutional competitive advantage, facilitating professional mobility of students at a national, regional, and international level.
List of projects facilitated by HACE:
· Assessment Workshop co-hosted with ACOFI (Asociación Colombiana de Facultades de Ingeniería) and Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, March 27th, 2014.
· R&D strategic alliance with operations in South America and the U.S., and The College of New Jersey (TCNJ).
· Strategic alliance between HACE and Aldebaran Robotics, offering a training hub center of excellence at TCNJ for professional development of educators from Latin America in the area of humanoid robotics.